Useful info about Colman's Norwich
'The world famous brand was founded in Norwich over 180 years ago, making it the oldest name in Unilever's portfolio'.
Colman's doesn't just do sauce mixes, you can also find the Colman's logo on their mint jelly and mustard.
Norwich Chronicle was the first place Jeremiah Colman advertised his mustard way back in 1814.
Would you like to know some useful facts about Colman's?
- Jeremiah Colman's original site at Stoke Mill still stands today, and is now a restaurant with a display of Colman's memorabilia.
- In 1973 Colmans' celebrated 150 years of business, commemorating the occasion with the opening of the Mustard Shop in Norwich. This was recently handed over to Norwich Heritage Economic and Regeneration Trust for them to run as a tourist attraction.
Simplicity of the product (Season and Shake)
The packet was very well presented, it has 2 pictures on the front, firstly of the food in the bag before it went into the oven and then a picture underneath of when it came out of the oven.
Both of the pictures attracted my attention, the food looks delicious, I couldn't wait to go shopping and get the bits I needed!
I was cooking the 'Mediterranean Chicken' one, it said for the shopping list you needed,
|SHAKE IT SHAKE IT|
- 600g skinless chicken breast (approx 4 breasts) cut into large chunks
- 150g (2) tomatoes quartered
- 150g (1) courgette thickly sliced
- 150g (1) red pepper cut into chunks
None of us are keen on courgette so instead we added half an onion and also a green pepper.
It was very easy to prepare and also showed you on the back of the packet how to do it. I just placed everything into a bag, tied it and gave it a good shake and placed it on a tray and popped it into the oven which was set at 190C.
The smell coming from the kitchen whilst it was cooking was mouth watering!
I left it in the oven for 45 minutes which was well enough.
Finally me, Andrew and Alesha were able to use our tastebuds and test the meal. After Alesha had one forkful she was going "mmm more" and that's how me and Andrew felt aswel, we couldn't get enough, it was lovely and we will be buying them in the future!
Availability (Season and Shake)
These can be purchased from a wide range of local shops, large supermarkets and even online stores. For as little as £1.49 you can buy one packet from Tesco's.
|COOKED AND READY TO EAT|
For more information please visit Colman's and Unilever.